Job Title: Imam
Location: Folsom, California
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000 – $140,000 per year
The Muslim Community of Folsom (MCF) is on course to become one of the largest Muslim communities in Northern California and is looking for an enthusiastic and compassionate Imam to nurture this diverse, growing community.
MCF is seeking a knowledgeable, experienced, and inspirational Imam to join their community. The Imam should provide mainstream Islamic religious guidance, as well as leadership, and teachings according to the Holy Quran and Sunnah of the Prophet Mohammad (peace and blessings be upon him).
He will be expected to lead prayers, deliver sermons, give lectures, provide religious guidance and counseling, conduct religious ceremonies such as funeral prayers, teach Quran and Hadith, and promote interfaith dialogue and community engagement. It is important for the Imam to be knowledgeable in Islamic sciences, and to have strong communication and leadership skills. The Imam reports to the MCF Board.
- Advanced degree in Islamic Studies or related field from an accredited institution.
- Hafidh of the entire Qur’an with ijazah.
- Fluency in English and classical Arabic (verbal and written).
- Comprehensive knowledge of Shariah, Fiqh, and Tafseer.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills.
- At least five years of experience as an Imam
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident.
- Proficiency in languages other than Arabic and English (e.g., Urdu).
- Experience in giving dawah.
- Experience working with Muslim youth living in the West.
- Lead daily prayers, Jummah, Eid, Tarawih, and all other congregations.
- Host regular office hours at the Masjid.
- Develop and implement educational programs for all age groups.
- Engage with other faith-based communities.
- Engage with other scholars and stay up to date on current issues.
- Collaborate with the board to organize and promote community events and activities.
- Salary: $80,000 – $140,000 per year (commensurate with experience)
- Health insurance
- Paid vacation
- Bonus package
- 100% covered tuition at Folsom Educational Academy’s Pre-K and K-8 Islamic school
Candidate must be able to provide the following:
- Background check
- Academic transcript(s)
To be considered for this role, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay up-to-date – Join our mailing list!
Subscribe to the MCF email distribution list and stay informed.